TSPSC MPSO Syllabus 2018 – Exam Pattern 2018 PDF:
TSPSC MPSO Syllabus 2018 Telangana Public Service Commission MPSo Syllabus and exam pattern are available here. Job seekers can get a complete syllabus for Telangana PSC Mandal Planning Statistical Officer (MPSO) 2018 for all subjects. Those who are interested start preparing for TSPSC MPSO Exam 2018. The Telangana PSC MPSO Exam Paper has the objective type question of Different Sections like Statistics and Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and KurtosisMeaning, objectives and characteristics of measures of central tendency, General English, Probability, Correlation and Regression, Analysis of Time Series and Index Numbers, Basics of Computers, General Knowledge. It is recommended that candidates must have a find at the previous year papers and know about the weightage of each topic. So start preparing from now itself by the previous model papers of TSPSC which will be available on syllabus99.com
Telangana PSC MPSO Exam Pattern 2018
|S.No||Paper||Subject||No.of Questions||Time Duration||Marks|
|01||I||General Studies & General Abilities||150||150 minutes||150|
|02||II||Statistical Officer (Degree Level)||150||150 minutes||300|
TSPSC MPSO Syllabus 2018:
PAPER-I: GENERAL STUDIES AND GENERAL ABILITIES
- Current Affairs – Regional, National and International
- International Relations and
- General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
- Environmental issues and Disaster Management
- The economy of India and Telangana
- Geography of India with a focus on Telangana
- Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
- Policies of Telangana State
- History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement
- History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood
- Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, and Data Interpretation
- Basic English
(Common for All) (Degree Level)
- Introduction to Statistics
Meaning, importance and limitations of statistics – Collection of data – Primary and Secondary data. Sampling (Random, Non-Random) – Census – Schedule and questionnaire – Frequency distribution – Tabulation – Diagrammatic and graphic presentation of data.
- Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis Meaning, objectives and characteristics of measures of central tendency – Types of Averages: Arithmetic Mean, Geometric Mean, Harmonic Mean, Median, Mode, Deciles, Percentiles – Properties of averages and their
Dispersion: Meaning and properties – Types: Range, Quartile Deviation, Mean Deviation, Standard Deviation, Coefficient of Variation.
Skewness: Meaning – Karl Pearson’s and Bowley’s Measures of Skewness and Kurtosis.
Random experiment, sample space, event, algebra of events, probability on a discrete sample space, basic theorems of probability and simple examples based on theorems, conditional, the probability of an event, independent events, Baye’s theorem and its applications
- The concept of Random variable
Discrete and Continuous, Bernoulli, Binominal and Poisson distributions, Normal distribution and its applications and uses. Concept of Unbiased estimator, consistency, efficiency, and sufficiency, large and small sample tests. The concept of null and alternative hypothesis,
- Correlation and Regression:
Correlation: Meaning and uses – Types of correlation – Karl Pearson’s correlation coefficient – Spearman’s Rank correlation – Probable error.
Regression analysis: Meaning and utility – Comparison between Correlation and Regression – Regression Equations – Interpretation of Regression Coefficient
- Analysis of Time Series and Index Numbers:
Time Series Analysis: Meaning and utility – Components of time series – Measurement of trend and seasonal variations – Utility of decomposition of time series – Decentralization of data.
Index Numbers: Meaning and importance – Methods of construction of index numbers: Price Index Numbers, Quantity Index Numbers – Tests of Adequacy of Index Numbers – Deflating Index Numbers – Cost of living Index Numbers – Limitation of Index Numbers.
- SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
Complete enumeration vs. Sampling, estimation of Sample size and Simple, Stratified and Systematic Random Sampling.
- Basics of Computers:
The binary system, Octal and Hexadecimal systems. Conversion to and from Decimal systems. Codes, Bits, Bytes, and Words. A memory of a computer, Arithmetic and Logical operations on numbers. Precision. AND, OR, XOR, NOT and Shit/Rotate operators, Algorithms, and Flowcharts, MS-Office.